- Step 1: Tell girls they exist solely for male pleasure.
- Step 2: Tell boys that the more sex they have and girls they exploit, the more masculine they are.
- Step 3: Tell girls they can't actually have sex before marriage or they are unpure, unloveable, and equatable to a chewed-up wad of gum.
- Step 4: Tell boys that they cannot control or make choices about their own sexual urges.
- Step 5: Never mention or give accurate information about consent.
- Step 6: Never mention or give accurate information about contraception.
- Step 7: Call sexually active girls "sluts".
- Step 8: Call sexually active boys "players".
- Step 9: Blame girls for getting pregnant or infected with an STI.
- Step 10: Blame girls when they get raped.
- Step 11: Remind boys that they aren't fully responsible for their actions.
- Step 12: Deny rape culture exists.
Two other women, also breast cancer survivors, said their husbands left them after they were diagnosed. Both had to have mastectomies (in case anyone doesn’t know, this is the surgical operation to remove one or both breasts).
The first woman said her husband told her that he would rather see her dead than see her lose her breasts. The second woman had her operation and waited all day to be picked up by her husband, who never arrived. By nightfall, one of the nurses offered to give her a ride, and she came home to find the house empty.
Obviously, these are extreme cases of a man’s reaction to his wife’s breast cancer, but this is what I see when I see the “I ♥ Boobies” bracelets. I see love of the body parts, not the person being treated—not the patient, not the victim, not the survivor.”
I liked her. She wasn’t like other girls. She was old fashioned. She didn’t just send a nude. She hired a professional artist to a paint a nude portrait of her, framed it, and then shipped it to me. It took several months to get to here. It had to travel a treacherous voyage around the cape. Many men died bringing me this wonderful work of art.
No, you do not get “nice person” cookies for being paid to work with disabled people. You get a huge amount of responsibility to be less ableist than the general population.
Why am I so beautiful
people who randomly decide to compliment you are so important
I just had a grown man tell me to “go make me a sandwich” as I was doing his pourover
I told him I didn’t understand what he meant because we’re a coffee shop, and he was like “oh it’s a joke” and I said I “didn’t get it” and he went “it’s funny because you’re a woman working in a kitchen”
And I just stared at him until he got how stupid he soundedlet them feel their ignorance burn into their souls
Ppl really have issues w women that intimidate them it’s exhausting
“Learn to say ‘no’ without explaining yourself.”
OHHH TELL ME WHATCHA WANT WHATCH REALLY REALLY WHAT (ill tell ya what i want what a really really want) I wanna, i wanna, i wanna, i wanna, i wanna really really really wanna see non-offensive representation of asexuals, bisexuals and trans people in todays media